The DIY dry shampoo is used by most people, as it is suitable for all kind of hair like dark hair, light hair, and vivid hair colors. Dry shampoo would be the best option for those people who don’t have time to wash their hair. This DIY dry shampoo consists of natural ingredients, so it will help your hair’s health and also improve the shine.
Top 7 DIY Dry Shampoo:
1. Arrowroot or Corn Starch Dry Shampoo
This DIY dry shampoo will match any kind of hair color, and also it helps to maintain your natural color of hair.
- Take 2 tbsp of arrowroot powder or corn starch powder
- Then add 2 tbsp of additional color powder like unsweetened cocoa, bentonite clay, or grounded cinnamon
- Also, add 6 drops of essential oil
- Then combine all the ingredients properly
- Apply this powder to your greasy hair
- Gently rub with fingers and comb your hair thoroughly
It will help to nourish the hair, and also it will improve hair growth. Along with this, it will enhance blood circulation, and add glow to your hair. This dry shampoo will be the best choice for those who have dark blondes.
2. Activated Charcoal and Corn Starch Dry Shampoo
The combination of activated charcoal and corn starch helps to give effective and best results, and it helps to remove excess oil from the dark brown or black hair. The charcoal will help you in the cleansing, and hydrating of your hair, and along with that it will help to remove the toxins from your hair and also if your hair has a sweaty odor, then it will remove that.
- Take 2 tbsp of activated charcoal, 2 tbsp of corn starch, and 1 tbsp of lavender oil
- Initially, mix the charcoal and corn starch powder in equal parts
- Then add lavender oil, and mix it well
- Apply the mixture all over your hair, and also apply it to your scalp
This DIY dry shampoo will make your hair look fresh.
3. Oatmeal and Corn Starch Dry Shampoo
In this DIY dry shampoo, you can use the oatmeal in blended form, and also it is rich in antibacterial and antioxidant properties. It not only makes your hair look better but also will add lustre to your hair. If you have an itchy and flaky scalp, then this dry shampoo will be the best option to choose.
- Take 2 tbsp of blended oatmeal, 2 tbsp of corn starch, and 1 tbsp of lavender oil
- In a clean bowl, add all the mixture
- Combine the mixture well
- Use your finger or brush to apply this mixture all over your hair
This dry shampoo will boost the health of your root, and also it acts as a natural moisturizer.
4. Cinnamon Dry Shampoo
There are a lot of spices when you apply it to your hair, it will cause irritation. But cinnamon will provide many health benefits, and also it doesn’t cause any irritation. It can able to naturally blend with the red hair, and also it will increase the blood flow when it is applied to the scalp.
- Take ¼ cup of cinnamon powder, and then ½ cup of arrowroot powder or corn starch powder
- Along with these ingredients, add 2 tbsp of bentonite or kaolinite clay, 1 tbsp of baking soda, and lavender or lemongrass oil
- Combine all the ingredients together
- Then sprinkle this mixture on your hair roots gently
- You can use a brush or rub your hair using your fingers
- Even, you can use a hairdryer to disperse the powder thoroughly on your hair
In this DIY dry shampoo, a lot of ingredients have been added, so it will provide multiple benefits starting from hair loss prevention to hair growth.
5. Cocoa Powder Dry Shampoo
The best part of the organic cocoa powder is that it can easily blend with all kinds of hair colors, and also it appears very natural. So it would be the best DIY dry shampoo for your frequent use.
- Take cup ¼ cup of raw cocoa powder, ½ cup of arrowroot or corn starch powder, 2 tbsp of bentonite or kaolinite clay, 1 tbsp of baking soda, and lavender or lemongrass oil
- Take all the mixture in a bowl, and make sure you are mixing the ingredients properly
- Now spread this mixture all over your hair, roots, and scalp
- Then apply it to your hair equally
These ingredients not only make your hair look better but also it will mattify the hair and adds volume to the hair. This dry shampoo will prevent visible grease, and it would be the perfect choice for all types of hair colors and types.
6. Salt and Cornmeal Dry Shampoo
This is one of the simplest dry shampoo recipes, and if you are running out of time then you can prefer this DIY dry shampoo.
- Mix 8 tbsp of cornmeal and 1 tbsp of salt
- Mix all the ingredients properly
- Apply this mixture to your hair and scalp
If you want, even you can add lavender oil or rose oil, as it will enhance the aromatic touch.
7. Calcium Bentonite Clay and Corn Starch Dry Shampoo
Calcium bentonite is also known as the healing clay, and it would be the best option to prefer if your hair has so many impurities. It will help to remove the toxins, and also it will help to get rid of impurities. If you have excess oil on your hair, then you can try this DIY dry shampoo, and even you can use this as a hair cleanser, or softener.
- Take 2 tbsp of calcium bentonite powder, 2 tbsp of corn starch powder, and 1 tbsp of peppermint oil
- Mix all the ingredients in equal parts
- Apply this mixture all over your hair and scalp
If you want to have a clean and fresh scalp in a shorter time, and then you can prefer this dry shampoo recipe.