Screen Record with Sound on FaceTime – FaceTime is a reliable way to video chat between iPhone, iPad, and Mac users. If you have one of these Apple devices, it’s easy to take FaceTime for granted.
Record FaceTime call on iPhone
You can tap on the Screen Recorder shortcut to start recording your iPhone screen. The 3 seconds countdown appears before the recording. During the whole recording process, you will see the status bar at the top of your screen become red. When you want to stop the recording, simply tap on the red status bar at the top and then tap the Stop button at the confirmation dialog. Alternatively, you can also bring up the Control Center and tap on the Screen Recorder again to stop the recording.
Record FaceTime call with Audio on iPhone
If you want to record FaceTime Call with audio on iPhone, long press on the Screen Recorder in the Control Center, and turn on Microphone. Since it simply captures audio from your phone’s microphone, thus you need to increase or even maximize volume on the phone.
The screen recordings will be saved to the Photos app on your iPhone. It can not only be used to record FaceTime calls but also Skype calls, WhatsApp calls, etc.
Trim videos on iPhone
If you have recorded a very long video and need to split it into short clips or get rid of unwanted parts of a video, you can follow these steps to trim videos on your iPhone directly from the stock Photos app.
Edit volume of your Screen Recording on iPhone
The volume or the audio in your recorded video file can also be changed. When you need to increase, decrease the volume, or mute the screen recording, you can refer to this tutorial to change the volume of videos on the iPhone using various video editor apps.
Record FaceTime with Audio on iPhone
There is no doubt that the number of people using the iPhone and iPad is much higher than those who use Mac. I must give you a spoiler alert, it’s way more difficult to record the FaceTime session on the mobile device than you can imagine. Apple introduced an in-built screen recorder in its iOS 11 and you can say it’s still in its development phase. The tool is quite glitchy, though it’s capable to record the screen flawlessly, the issue appears when you are about to record the audio.
The tool doesn’t allow users to record the audio for multiple apps, and yes, no points for guessing, FaceTime is one of them. The restriction on audio recording isn’t primarily because of the complexity, but due to some legal reasons. Having it restricted will also put a very impactful curb on the piracy business. However, there are some makeshifts that you can apply to force the system into recording audio. We are going to discuss everything in detail.
Before Getting Started:
Before we dive into the steps, you need to get the Record button in the control center. Here are some simple steps that will bring you this tool.
- Go to the Settings app and then scroll down to the Control Center tab. Tap on it, and you will get a tab to Customize Controls.
- Here, you will get a whole list of apps and tools that you can add to the iOS control center. Remove the ones you don’t want by tapping on the red ‘-’ button and scroll down to press the green ‘+’ to add Screen Recording. Get back to the Home Screen.
Here are the steps you need to follow to start recording your screen or the FaceTime session. Be ready to face some glitches and in the last, we will also add a tip that will, most probably, will solve your issue of not being able to record audio.
Easy Steps to Record iPhone FaceTime Calls
- Swipe down from the top-right of the home screen to launch the Control Center. Here, you will see a white circle icon, that’s the Screen Recording button.
- Once you tap on it, the tool will give you a 3-second grace period to get ready. As soon as the screen recording starts, you will get a red indicator on the top left.
- Launch FaceTime and place the call. Once done, you will need to go again to the Control Center to stop the recording. Tap on the screen recording button again, the video will be saved in the Photos app.
- To answer your question, can you screen record FaceTime with audio? You need to add one more step. In the control center, tap & hold the Screen Recording button, and then, turn on the microphone.
- As you will tap on it, it will turn red to indicate that it’s turned on. Tap on Start Recording. Now, the video will be recorded with your mic input.
Apart from this limitation, the tool also starts acting weird when you launch FaceTime while the recording is turned on. It tends to automatically stop the session once the call connects.
Also Read: How to Fix Gboard Gif not working?