Get Snap Streak Back – A Snapchat streak is when you send direct snaps back and forth with a friend for several consecutive days. The longer you go without breaking the chain of communication, the longer your streak is.
Snapchat is one of the most popular social media platforms in the world. Last year, the platform crosses the milestone of 300 million daily active users, who are sending millions of photographs or short videos (called Snap) to each other on the application.
What Does Not Count Towards Snapchat Streak?
Snapchat has clarified that it only counts sending and receiving photos and videos towards the streak. Anything else won’t count towards the Snapchat streak. Here are some more details on why Snapchat doesn’t count towards streaks.
- Group Chats
How to Recover Lost Snapchat Streaks
Snapchat will remind you to keep your streak going if you haven’t sent the streak close to the 24-hour mark. If you have lost your Snapchat streak and want to recover it again to continue, here’s how to do it.
- Launch the Snapchat app and tap on your Bitmoji in the top left corner.
- Press the settings option and scroll down to find the support section.
- Select ‘I need help’ and it will take you to the Snapchat support page.
- Tap on Snap Streaks and click on “What if my Snapstreak has gone away but I know we’ve sent a Snap (not Chat) back and forth within the 24-hour window? And click on the let us know hyperlink.
- It will now ask you to fill out a form with your and your friend’s basic details. Tap on send after filling in the form.
How to Get a Streak Back in Snapchat
Sometimes the reason for a Snapstreak ending is out of one’s control. If you believe you have followed the Snapstreak rules and that your streak has expired in error, do the following from your Snap account to start the recovery process:
- Open Snapchat and sign in to your account.
- Tap “Settings.”
- Towards the bottom, go to the “Supports” section.
- Tap “I Need Help,” then “Snapstreaks.”
- From the “What if my Snapstreak has gone?” option, choose “Let us know.”
- Select “My Snapstreaks disappeared.”
- Fill in the form, including as much information as possible.
- Hit “Send” to submit your form.
If the hourglass emoji was displayed before your streak ended, it’s likely Snapchat won’t be able to help. However, you can strengthen your case to recover it in the “What information should we know” section of the form.
Or from Snapchats support page:
- Go to Snapchat Support.
- Select “Contact Us.”
- Beneath the “How can we help section,” choose “My Snapstreaks have disappeared.”
- Fill in the form, including as many details as possible
- Tap “Send” to submit.
If the hourglass emoji was shown before your streak ended, Snapchat might not be able to help. You can support your case for recovery in the “What information should we know” section of the form.
Restore Snapstreak on Snapchat in Easy Steps
- Open Snapchat and tap on your Bitmoji (or profile icon) at the top-left corner. When your profile opens, press the Settings icon from the top-right corner of the screen.
- Scroll down until you find the “Support” section and select “I Need Help”. You will now be taken to Snapchat’s support page. Tap “Snapstreaks” to view Snapstreaks-related support topics.
- Look for the question “What if my Snapstreak has gone away but I know we’ve sent a Snap (not Chat) back and forth within the 24-hour window?” and click on the “Let us know” hyperlink. Under the “Contact Us” section on the next page, you need to select the “I lost my Snapstreak” option on the Snapchat support page.
- You will now see a form urging you to fill in details such as username, email, phone number, your device, friend’s username, and more.
- Fill in the relevant details and tap “Send” to submit the request. It is worth pointing out that you can use just one friend’s username when raising the request.
- If you lost Snapstreak with multiple users, you have to submit separate requests to Snapchat.