Fix Minecraft Realms Error 500 – The Minecraft error code 500 occurs when players try to join private servers using Minecraft Realms. Minecraft Realm is a personal server for you and your friends to play games on Minecraft. It can be frustrating when Minecraft Realms is not working. Not being able to connect with your friends to play your favorite games can muddle your plans.
If Minecraft Realms internal server error 500 is displayed whenever you try to connect, it can be due to many reasons. So, here we try to explain the problem behind this issue and fix it with solutions.
Reasons for Minecraft Realms Error 500
Below have a look at some of the common reasons that can trigger the Minecraft Realms error 500.
- Due to the poor internet connection, you might be prevented from connecting to the servers.
- Most possibly due to the server outages as it might be down temporarily or some undergoing maintenance might be going in the Minecraft servers.
- Check if you are running an outdated version of Minecraft then this can cause the Minecraft Realms Error 500
- Sometimes the background running applications also prevent you from playing Minecraft as the game won’t get enough data from an internet connection
- Running additional plugins on your computer can also cause interruption with the server and causes error code 500 on Minecraft.
How to Fix Minecraft Realms Error 500?
1. Restart your PC – Very first it is suggested to shut down your computer and after that restart the system. This worked for many players to get rid of the server outages issue.
2. Update your Windows version – Check if you are running an outdated Windows version then make sure to install the latest Windows update and then run the game.
3. Update Your Game Version – Also make sure you are running an updated version of Minecraft Realms. Installing the latest updates not only makes the game more stable but also helps you to solve common glitches and issues with the game. So, check if any recent updates are available to download, and installing them may work for you.
4. Modify the Game Settings – Check if you have tweaked some of the game settings then this might be the reason for the problem. So try reconfiguring the settings to default. This may work for you.
Check your Internet Connection
As said above if the internet connection is not working properly or it prevents you from accessing the Minecraft servers, then this can also cause the Internal Server Error 500 in the Minecraft server.
So, very first make sure your internet connection is stable and working properly. Also if you are using Wi-Fi then use ethernet to get a stable network.
Moreover, if your internet connection is working fine then there is a possibility that your internet connection is causing interruption and preventing you from accessing the Minecraft Realms server.
So, if this is the case then here it is suggested to use a VPN connection to get exceptionally fast & reliable speeds without getting detected.
Verify the Minecraft Server Outage
Well, there is a possibility for the Minecraft servers outage or might be down in your area and if this is the case then all you need to do is just wait for the server for getting restarted and become available.
Also, the service outages can affect the ability of the game and as a result, you are unable to play the game. Additionally, you can also check for Minecraft’s server status by visiting the Downdetector site.
But if you find the services are running fine then the issue is from your side, so try the next solution.
Disable Background Applications
If you are still getting the Minecraft Realms Internal Server Error 500, then there are chances that other applications running in the background are causing a limit to your internet bandwidth.
Follow the steps to do so:
- Hit Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys > to open the Task Manager.
- Then under the Process tab,> right-click on unwanted background process, > click on the End Task.
After disabling the applications running in the background, relaunch Minecraft and check if the internal server error 500 still appears or not.
Fix Minecraft Realms Error 500 – Turn off the Plugins
If you are still encountering the error then check for the installed plugins on your PC. Many times the installed plugin starts causing issues with the game as they are incompatible with the game version. So here it is recommended to try disabling the plugins on your PC and check if this works for you.
Follow the steps to do so:
- On your system > start the plugin window > rename the plugins from “[plugin name].jar to [plugin name].jar.disabled”.
- Next, reboot the server and check if the problem is resolved or not.
Install the Latest Version
Check to see if there’s an update and install it as soon as possible. The issue should now be fixed and you shouldn’t be witnessing Minecraft realms error 500 for a while. Just try this or any of the other fixes we have listed above and you’ll be back to playing online Minecraft realms as soon as you want.