Fix Firestick Remote Volume Not Working – Amazon fire Tv stick is a media streaming device that lets you stream video, install apps, play music, etc on your tv. It’s built on the Android platform and it converts your normal tv to a smart tv. You can install android apps on the device and play games and enjoy music too.
How to Get the Volume to Work on Your Firestick Remote?
There are various solutions to Fire Stick remote volume problems, so it is best to work through them from easiest to more advanced. Here is what you can do to fix any TV volume bugs affecting your Fire Stick remote control.
Fix Firestick Remote Volume Not Working – Power Cycle your Fire Stick
This is an easy and effective way to tackle many Fire Stick issues, including this volume one. Simply unplug your Fire Stick from the power outlet, wait for a few minutes, plug it back in.
Soft Reset your TV
In the tips above we made sure that our Fire Stick and the remote are working fine, now it’s time to see if your TV is the problem. Let’s try to soft reset your TV to see if it will make any difference.
- Unplug your TV from the power source.
- Wait for 60 seconds.
- Plug your TV back in.
Factory Reset the Firestick
Use this option only as a last resort if nothing else works. It will remove all data, including settings, preferences, downloads, etc., from the device. However, it could fix your volume troubles.
- Turn on your TV and Fire Stick.
- Press and hold the Back button and the Right directional button for at least 10 seconds.
- Click Reset when you see the pop-up message.
- Wait a few minutes for it to finish.
Change the Batteries
Change the Fire Stick remote batteries. Your Fire Stick remote’s batteries could be flat or low on power. Try replacing them with newer batteries.
Tip: Simply removing the batteries for 10 seconds and placing them back in can do the trick, try it.
Use a Different Remote
The TV or a sound system may be managing your volume control. Try using these remotes to operate the volume.
Change the Equipment Control Settings
- On your TV, go to your Fire Stick and select Settings > Equipment Control > Manage Equipment > Add Equipment > TV. Follow the detailed on-screen instructions to finish the process.
- You can also check whether your TV is correctly set up to work with your Fire Stick remote. Go to Settings > Equipment Control > Manage Equipment > TV > Change TV. Check if your TV brand is correct. If not, select the right brand of your TV and click OK. Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Go to Settings > Equipment Control > Manage Equipment > Advanced Settings > Home Button. Make sure that this section is set to IR and HDMI-CEC.
Reboot your Fire Stick
Press Select and Play to reboot your Firestick streaming stick. This procedure can fix a variety of problems you may be experiencing, including volume glitches.
As an alternative, on your TV go to the Fire Stick’s Settings scroll down and click My Fire TV and then scroll down and click Restart to restart your device.
Manually Pair your Remote
It is possible that your Fire Stick remote somehow got disconnected from your TV. Follow the steps below to fix that.
- Unplug your Fire Stick.
- Plugin the Fire Stick and wait until it is completely booted up.
- Press and hold the home button for at least 10 seconds.
- Hold the button until the light at the top of your remote starts blinking quickly.
- After a few seconds, you should see a prompt with a message or blue light flashing thrice on your remote.
- Either way, it means that your device has been paired successfully, and you are good to go.
Reset your Fire Stick Remote
- Switch off your Fire Stick and TV.
- Unplug your Fire Stick from the power outlet for 1 minute.
- Press and hold the left button, menu button, back button on your remote for around 15 seconds.
- Wait for about five seconds.
- Remove the batteries from your remote.
- Plugin your Fire Stick back into the power supply and wait for 1 minute.
- Put batteries back into your remote.
- Finally, press the home button on your remote.
Use your Televisions’ HDMI-CEC port
It will allow the Firestick to control the volume of your TV. (You may have to enable support for audio control through the HDMI-CEC port on your TV’s native settings. Here You can find this on your TV’s Homescreen or the Settings/Action Menu.
You can read more on using the HDMI-CEC port and your Fire Stick in this article here. By using this you will also learn how to control your Fire Stick and its sound without the remote.
Check the Mute Button
Press the Mute. Someone may have unknowingly pressed it on one of the remotes.
Switch Off the Dolby Digital Plus Setting
It is a sound setting that can improve the sound quality of some applications. Still, it can also make other apps quieter than normal. Disable this setting, by selecting Settings > Display and Sounds > Audio > Dolby Digital Output > Dolby Digital Plus Off.
Unpair Other Bluetooth Devices
If your Fire Stick supports Bluetooth devices, select Settings > Controllers & Bluetooth Devices > Other Bluetooth Devices and unpair all unnecessary devices. Too many devices connected to Bluetooth can also cause conflicts.
Also Read: How to Fix Netflix Subtitles not Working?