Add and Unadd Friends on Snapchat – Snapchat is a mobile messaging application used to share photos, videos, text, and drawings. It’s free to download the app and free to send messages using it. It has become hugely popular in a very short space of time, especially with young people.
How to Add Friends on Snapchat?
Find your friends by searching their Snapchat usernames
Add someone as a friend by entering their corresponding user name. Tap where it says “User Name” and type in the user name of the person whom you want to add as a friend on Snapchat. When their user name appears below, tap the “+” button beside it to add them as a friend.
Import your contacts from your device’s address book
To add a friend from your address book, simply tap the “+” icon beside one of your contacts to add them as a friend on Snapchat. If they do not already have Snapchat, you will instead send them a text message (using either Google Hangouts or your phone’s default texting system) inviting them to download and join Snapchat. If they do, then you will automatically add them as a friend.
Add your friends by scanning their Snapchat “Snapcode”
Scan a photo on your mobile device to see if it contains someone’s “Snapcode.” A “Snapcode” is an image that hides information about you as a Snapchat user in the way that it is drawn. You can read more about Snapcodes here.
Simply tap one of your pictures to have Snapchat scan it, and see if it recognizes a Snapcode. If it does, the person to whom it belongs will be added as your friend on Snapchat.
Add other Snapchat users that are in your area
Search for other people who are also using Snapchat’s “Add Nearby” function in your general area. If anyone is, their name will appear in the list; tap the “+” icon beside it to add them as a friend.
Share your Snapchat username on your social media accounts
Create and send/post a message that shows others your user name, and provides a link that lets them add you as a friend. As you can see here, this can be done over several different services.
How to Add Someone On Snapchat?
Search for a user by their Snapchat username
- Tap the Snapchat icon on your phone’s home screen to launch the app.
- In the search bar at the top of the screen, type the person’s username you’re trying to locate. Use the search function to find someone on Snapchat.
- Usernames that match your search or are close to it will appear below automatically. Once you find the person you’re looking for, tap the + Add button next to their name to add that person.
How to UnAdd Someone On Snapchat?
Add and Unadd Friends on Snapchat – Upon removing your friends from your added friends list, they will no longer see any of your Private Charms and Stories. However, they can see the content you have set to the Public. Also, if your privacy settings allow, they can send you a snap or initiate a Chat as well.
- Open Snapchat and locate the profile icon from the top-left corner of the app.
- After clicking it you will see the option “Friends” from the drop-down box. Select the option.
- Select the friend’s name that you want to unadd. Long press the friend’s name.
- Now you will get an option, More.
- You will see the option “Remove Friend,” click ok.
- After selecting ok, your friend will be unadded from your Snapchat but they won’t be notified.
- Open Snapchat from your mobile.
- When you swipe right from your screen the chat option will appear.
- From the friend list show, select the person whom you want to unadd.
- After selecting it, you will be directed into their chat. Now select their profile icon
- From the next page, you will see a three-dotted, option, choose that.
- From the pop-up comment box, Select the option, “Remove Friend.