There are varieties of ways available to color your hair, but the temporary hair dye will have a toxic chemical that damages your hair. So the best way to color your hair is to prepare DIY hair dye by using natural ingredients that are easily available at your home. Here are the top 9 DIY hair dyes;
Top 9 DIY Hair Dye:
1. Beetroot Juice
If you are want to have a deeper red tint color, with cooler undertones, and then you can try this DIY hair dye at your home. You can get that hair color from the beetroot juice.
The steps for making beet juice at home include the following steps;
- Take some beetroot juice and mix that with the carrier oil
- Apply the mixture to the hair
- Then wrap your hair
- Leave the mixture on your hair for one hour
- Then wash it out
This will give a deep burgundy color, and also you can try this DIY dye once a month.
Henna is the most preferred DIY hair dye, and it not only gives color to the hair, but also helps to nourish the hair, and give a beautiful shine to the hair.
- Take ½ cup of henna, and mix it with ¼ of water
- Stir well until you get a thick consistency
- Cover the mixture with plastic wrap, and leave for 12 hours
- Before applying it, wash your hair without conditioning it
- Then apply some coconut oil to your hair, so that the henna won’t stain your skin
- Apply the mixture to your hair
- Let it sit for 2 hours
The time may vary depending on the size of the hair, and once the mixture has been dried wash it out.
3. Chamomile Tea
Chamomile tea can help you to lighten up your hair, and it would give effective results for those who have blonde hair.
- In boiling water, out ½ cup of chamomile flowers
- Let the flowers steep in the water for half an hour, and then strain it out
- Before applying it wash your hair well
- Then apply the brewed tea to your hair
- Leave it for 20 minutes, and then wash out
If you want to maintain the color, then you can use this DIY hair dye once a week for better and effective results.
A cup of coffee not only boosts your energy but also it will help you to dye your hair. This would be the best DIY hair dye, for those who are having grey hair, and it helps to shade your hair darker.
- Take a dark-roast coffee, and brew it
- In ½ cup of coffee, add 2 tbsp of coffee grounds, and 1 cup of hair conditioner
- Wash your hair before applying the mixture
- Then apply this to your damp hair
- Leave it for an hour and wash it
This saffron is the greatest replacement for henna, and it helps in providing black color to the grey hairs. So, if you have grey hair, then this would be the best solution to color your grey hair.
- Take 1 tbsp of saffron strands and 2 cups of water
- In the boiling water, add saffron, and let it boil for 20 minutes
- Let it cool
- Apply on your hair and scalp completely
- Leave it for 1 to 2 hours
- Then wash your hair with shampoo and conditioner
You can prefer this DIY hair dye, once a week to get the natural black color.
Sage is used by people, who want to darken their hair. If you have dark brown or black hair and want to darken a bit, then Sage will be the best option to prefer.
- Add 1 cup of dried sage to the boiling water, and let it steep for 30 minutes. The longer you steep, the darker will be the color
- Let it cool, and then strain the water
- Before applying the sage, your hair should be clean. Apply the sage water all over your hair
- Leave the sage water on your hair for 15 to 20 minutes
- Then wash it thoroughly
7. Amla Dye
Amla DIY hair dye is one of the healthiest and effective dyes to make your hair naturally black.
- Take dried amla and roast it at a low flame in an iron pan
- The roasting should be done until the amla turns black. This may take from 20 to 30 minutes
- Then pour some water and let it boil for 7 to 8 minutes
- Let it cool or you can leave it overnight for the best results
- Then grind the soaked amla into a smooth paste and apply it to the hair
- Leave it for 2 hours
- Don’t use shampoo while washing, you can use it the next day
8. Lemon Juice
Lemon juice helps to strip your hair from the pigment, and it would be the best DIY hair dye if you want to get sun-kissed highlights.
- Pour some lemon juice into the spray bottle
- Now, spray the juice on your hair
- The juice should apply evenly to your hair
- Let it dry for 1 hour, and for best results, you can sit under the sun
- Then wash it out
If you want to get the best results, then you need to follow this process to continue as this is a slow process.
9. Soy Sauce and Apple Cider Vinegar
If you are a person who loves lighter shades, then this would be the best option to prefer. Also, you can apply this dye for 2 to 3 months a month.
- Take ½ cup of soy sauce and ½ cup of apple cider vinegar
- Then mix both the ingredients well
- Before applying this mixture, you need to wash your hair thoroughly
- After washing your hair, now rinse your hair using this mixture
- After applying the mixture to your hair, don’t rinse your hair after that
- Then let your hair dry in the air